Manchester United switch their focus back to the Premier League this weekend as they face Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa for the second time in a week.
Ralf Rangnick’s side edged past Villa on Monday in the FA Cup third round athome to set up a fourth round tie with Middlesbrough next month.
It’s been a quiet window so far for the Red Devils, with the interim boss still yet to make his first signing at the club.
But there is that still plenty of time left in the January transfer window and several players continue to be linked with moves to United.
With that in mind, here, Mirror Football brings you the latest gossip from Old Trafford.
Rangnick makes Dalot u-turn
AFP via Getty Images)
Ralf Rangnick is reportedly willing to cash in on right-back Diogo Dalot this month amid lingering interest from Atletico Madrid.
Dalot has enjoyed a decent amount of playing time since Rangnick took over in the Old Trafford hot-seat, but could still be on his way out of the Old Trafford exit according to Spanish outlet AS.
The Spanish champions lost Kieran Trippier this month, after his move to Newcastle, and are now looking for a new face on the right side of defence.
RB Leipzig’s Rasmus Christensen and Valencia’s Daniel Wass are also on the shortlist.
Who do you want to see Man Utd buy or sell? Comment down below
Duo set to stay
Manchester United via Getty Imag)
Rangnick has reiterated his desire not to let Donny van de Beek nor Dean Henderson leave Manchester United in January.
“I told him that I would like him to stay,” said Rangnick when asked about Henderson’s future on Friday. “He is a fantastic goalkeeper, I would really like to have him on board.
“I can fully understand why he wants to play at his age, but we are still in three competitions. I can understand his desire to get regular game time.”
On Van De Beek, Rangnick added: “It is the same situation as with Dean. I am glad to have him in the squad, he is always performing at a high level in training. I had a conversation two weeks ago and advised him to stay until the end of the season.”
Pereira nears exit
Brazilian midfielder Andreas Pereira looks set to finally leave Old Trafford after Flamengo reportedly submitted an official bid for the player.
Pereira is currently on loan with Flamengo, and is said to be happy and feeling at home with the Brazilian side.
The 26-year-old was a regular for the club last season as they finished second in Serie A, but lost the Copa Libertadores final after a mistake from Pereira.
That hasn’t put them off lodging a bid to make him a permanent addition though, TNT Sports claiming they have tabled an offer in the region of £8m.